The Commission ensures the Bailiwick’s regulatory framework and practice meets international standards and is a committed participant in discussions of international standards.
It does so through membership of, or association with, the following international organisations:
- The International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
- The International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) and the Group of International Insurance Centre Supervisors (GIICS)
- The Group of International Finance Centre Supervisors (GIFCS)
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) - through the United Kingdom's membership.
- The Council of Europe’s Committee of Experts on the Evaluation of Anti-Money Laundering Measures and the Financing of Terrorism (MONEYVAL).
Through its membership of the Group of International Finance Centre Supervisors, it works with:
- The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BIS)
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) on money laundering
The Commission is committed to international regulatory co-operation and is a signatory to the IOSCO MMoU and the IAIS MMoU. It also has numerous bilateral regulatory co-operative agreements in place; and, through ESMA, has in place MoUs covering AIFMD with 27 members of the EEA.
Click here for a list of all current general MoUs and separately those covering AIFMD.