Mortgages and Loans
Top 5 tips
- If you are taking out a loan, know exactly how much it will cost you to do so and the consequences of missing any repayments.
- If you require any information about borrowing money, or if you are having difficulties meeting your loan or mortgage repayments, a good place to start is the Money Helper website.
- If you are having difficulties meeting your loan or mortgage repayments, speak to your lender.
- Citizens Advice Guernsey may be able to help you if you are having difficulty in meeting your loan or mortgage repayments by helping you to identify a revised repayment plan.
- Do not take a loan from someone local who is not licensed with the Commission without asking why they are not licensed.
There are a number of requirements that lenders must follow, in particular they must deal transparently and fairly with consumers. Should you have a complaint against one of the Commission's licensees, please have a look at our information sheet on "How to Make a Complaint".