Date - 11 January 2013
Time - 9.00am till 1.00pm.
Venue - Whittaker Hall, St James Concert & Assembly Hall
Fee - £40.00 per delegate
It is anticipated that the Foundations (Guernsey) Law, 2012 will come into force at the beginning of January 2013. With this in mind, the Commission’s Fiduciary Services Division is hosting a half day conference on 11 January 2013 in the Whittaker Hall at St James Concert & Assembly Hall.
The conference will have the following speakers:
- Professor John Goldsworth, who is one of the world's acknowledged experts on foundations and their application around the world,
- Advocate Hilary Pullum, who drafted the Guernsey legislation will speak from a Guernsey perspective about the legislation,
- Alan Bougourd, Registrar of Companies at the Guernsey Registry will speak about the registry process for Guernsey Foundations,
- Richard Walker, Director of Policy and International Affairs for the Commission will provide an overview of the specialities of AML and CFT with regard to Foundations,
- A presentation will also be made by Fiduciary Services Division regarding the proposed Code of Practice for Foundation Service Providers for which a consultation process will shortly be undertaken.
The conference will begin at 9.00am and will finish by 1.00pm with coffee provided during a mid-morning break. The hall will open from 8.30am onwards
Cheques should be made payable to the “Guernsey Financial Services Commission”
Delegate forms should be completed and posted along with a cheque for the full amount payable to the following address:
Mr Nic Cleveland
Guernsey Financial Services Commission
P O Box 128
St Peter Port