This Notice is issued further to the previous Sanctions Notice issued in relation to the updating of information relating to one individual (the listed person) on the list of persons associated with ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida maintained under United Nations Security Council Resolution 1267. Please be advised that corresponding changes have now been made to the list maintained by the European Union under Council Regulation (EC) No 881/2002, by Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 2018/256. These changes are automatically effective in the Bailiwick under the Al-Qaida (Restrictive Measures) (Guernsey) Ordinance, 2013, the Al-Qaida (Restrictive Measures) (Alderney) Ordinance, 2013 and the Al-Qaida (Restrictive Measures) (Sark) Ordinance, 2013.
The Implementing Regulations are available here:
MEASURES WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN
All businesses must check whether they maintain any accounts or otherwise have any kind of relationship with any natural or legal person, entity or body designated under the legislation referred to above and must treat any funds, other assets or economic resources
- directly or indirectly belonging to, owned, held or controlled by them, whether wholly or jointly, or
- derived from any funds or economic resources directly or indirectly belonging to, owned, held or controlled by them, whether wholly or jointly, or
- belonging to individuals or entities acting on their behalf or at their direction, whether wholly or jointly
as frozen with immediate effect if this is not already the case. Businesses must report any findings to the Policy and Resources Committee immediately.
Businesses must also refrain from making any funds or economic resources available directly or indirectly, wholly or jointly, to or for the benefit of
- any designated person, entity or body
- any entity directly or indirectly owned or controlled by a designated person, entity or body, whether wholly or jointly
- any individuals or entities acting on behalf or at the direction of a designated person, entity or body, whether wholly or jointly
other than in respect of transactions that come within a permitted derogation as determined by the Policy and Resources Committee.
The information referred to above is required by the Policy and Resources Committee in the exercise of its powers under the Schedule to each of the Ordinances listed above.
Any information or queries should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “ISIL/Al-Qaida”.
Further information on the effect of asset freezes and related issues including licences is available on the States of Guernsey website at http://www.gov.gg/sanctions