Please be advised of the following changes to sanctions listings related to Crimea and Sevastopol as well as to the territorial integrity of the Ukraine. These measures have immediate effect in the Bailiwick.
CRIMEA AND SEVASTOPOL
Council Regulation (EU) No 692/2014 of 23rd June 2014, as implemented by the Crimea and Sevastopol (Restrictive Measures) (Guernsey) Ordinance, 2014 has been amended by Council Regulation (EU) No 825/2014 of 30 July 2014. The effect of the amendments is to impose additional trade and investment restrictions for Crimea and Sevastopol, which compromise a ban on new investment in respect of infrastructure projects in the transport, telecommunications and energy sectors and in relation to the exploitation of oil, gas and minerals. It is also prohibited to export key equipment for these sectors or to provide related finance and insurance services.
All l financial services businesses and prescribed businesses in the Bailiwick must refrain from taking on or continuing any business activity which directly or indirectly supports the activities prohibited by the EU outlined above.
Any information or queries should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line ' Crimea and Sevastopol sanctions'.
Council Regulation (EU) No 269/2014 of 17th March, 2014, as implemented in the Bailiwick by the Territorial Integrity etc. of Ukraine (Restrictive Measures) (Alderney) Ordinance, 2014 and the Territorial Integrity etc. of Ukraine (Restrictive Measures) (Sark) Ordinance, 2014 has been amended by Council Implementing Regulation (EU) No 826/2014 of 30 July 2014. The effect of the amendments is the addition of the following to the lists of designated legal and natural persons subject to an asset freeze;
- Alexey Alexeyevich GROMOV Born on 31.5.1960
- Oksana TCHIGRINA
- Boris LITVINOV Борис Литвинов
- Sergey ABISOV Born on 27.11. 1967
- Arkady Romanovich ROTENBERG Born on 15.12.1951 in Leningrad (St Petersburg)
- Konstantin Valerevich MALOFEEV Константин Валерьевич Малофеев Born on 3.7.1974 in Puschino
- Yuriy Valentinovich KOVALCHUK Юрий Валентинович Ковальчук Born on 25.7.1951 in Leningrad (St Petersburg)
- Nikolay Terentievich SHAMALOV Николай Терентьевич Шамалов Born on 24.1.1950
- JOINT-STOCK COMPANY CONCERN ALMAZ-ANTEY (a.k.a. ALMAZ-ANTEY CORP; a.k.a. ALMAZ-ANTEY DEFENSE CORPORATION; a.k.a. ALMAZ- ANTEY JSC), 41 ul.Vereiskaya, Moscow 121471, Russia;
- DOBROLET aka DOBROLYOT Добролет/Добролёт Airline code QD International Highway, House 31, building 1, 141411 Moscow 141411,
- RUSSIAN NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK License of the Central Bank of Russia No. 1354 Russian Federation, 127 030 Moscow, Krasnoproletarskaya street 9/5.
Further identifying information is contained in the Implementing Regulation at the link above.
All financial services businesses in the Bailiwick must:
- check whether they maintain any accounts or otherwise hold any funds or economic resources for the designated persons referred to above or for any other designated person
- report any findings to the Policy Council
- refrain from making any funds or economic resources available to these or any other designated persons unless licensed by the Policy Council.
Any information or queries should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line ' Ukraine sanctions'.