Sanctions Notice - Global Anti-Corruption14th August 2023
Please be advised that
- Marianne HOAYEK
- Anna KOSAKOVA
- Riad SALAMEH
- Raja SALAMEH
have been added to the list of persons designated under the Global Anti-Corruption Sanctions Regulations 2021 (the UK regulations) and are subject to an asset freeze.
The individuals referred to above appear on the consolidated list, which can be found here.
The UK regulations are given effect within the Bailiwick under the Sanctions (Implementation of UK Regimes) (Bailiwick of Guernsey) (Brexit) Regulations, 2020 as amended that have been made under the Sanctions (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2018 (the Sanctions Law).
MEASURES WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN
All businesses must check whether they maintain any accounts or otherwise have any kind of relationship with the individuals referred to above or to any other natural or legal person, entity or body designated under the legislation referred to above and must treat any funds, other assets or economic resources
- directly or indirectly belonging to, owned, held or controlled by them, whether wholly or jointly, or
- derived from any funds or economic resources directly or indirectly belonging to, owned, held or controlled by them, whether wholly or jointly, or
- belonging to individuals or entities acting on their behalf or at their direction, whether wholly or jointly
as frozen with immediate effect if this is not already the case. Businesses must report any findings to the Policy & Resources Committee immediately. They must also ensure that they have taken all other steps that may be required in order to comply with the reporting obligations at section 14 of the Sanctions Law.
Businesses must also refrain from making any funds or economic resources available directly or indirectly, wholly or jointly, to or for the benefit of
- any designated person, entity or body
- any entity directly or indirectly owned or controlled by a designated person, entity or body, whether wholly or jointly
- any individuals or entities acting on behalf or at the direction of a designated person, entity or body, whether wholly or jointly
other than in respect of transactions that come within a permitted derogation as determined by the Policy & Resources Committee, or in accordance with a licence issued by the Policy & Resources Committee, as the case may be.
The information referred to above is required by the Policy & Resources Committee in the exercise of its powers under section 15 of the Sanctions Law.
Any information or queries should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “Global Anti-Corruption Sanctions”.
Where you have identified an affected relationship as set out above, please also inform the Guernsey Financial Services Commission via email to [email protected] providing short form information on the nature of the sanction connection and the measures you have taken or intend to take.
Further information on the effect of asset freezes and related issues including licences is available on the States of Guernsey website at http://www.gov.gg/sanctions