Council Regulation (EU) No 2017/2063, as implemented in the Bailiwick by the Venezuela (Restrictive Measures) (Guernsey) Ordinance, 2017, has been amended by Council Implementing Regulation (EU) No 2018/899.
The effect of the amendments, which are automatically and immediately effective in Guernsey, is to add eleven persons to the list of persons subject to an asset freeze and other financial restrictions.
The Implementing Regulation is available here:
MEASURES WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN
All businesses must check whether they maintain any accounts or otherwise have any kind of relationship with the listed persons and must treat any funds, other assets or economic resources
- directly or indirectly belonging to, owned, held or controlled by them, whether wholly or jointly, or
- derived from any funds or economic resources directly or indirectly belonging to, owned, held or controlled by them, whether wholly or jointly, or
- belonging to individuals or entities acting on their behalf or at their direction, whether wholly or jointly
as frozen with immediate effect if this is not already the case. Businesses must report any findings to the Policy and Resources Committee immediately.
Businesses must also refrain from making any funds or economic resources available directly or indirectly, wholly or jointly, to or for the benefit of
- any designated person, entity or body
- any entity directly or indirectly owned or controlled by a designated person, entity or body, whether wholly or jointly
- any individuals or entities acting on behalf or at the direction of the listed persons, whether wholly or jointly
other than in respect of transactions that come within a permitted derogation and have been authorised by the Policy and Resources Committee.
The information referred to above is required by the Policy and Resources Committee in the exercise of its powers under the Schedule to the Ordinance referred to above.
Any information or queries should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “Venezuela”.
Further information on the effect of asset freezes and related issues including licences is available on the States of Guernsey website at http://www.gov.gg/sanctions