“Firm Foundations” – a conference on Guernsey Foundations.
It is anticipated that the Foundations (Guernsey) Law, 2012 will come into force at the beginning of January 2013. With this in mind, the Commission’s Fiduciary Services Division is hosting a half day conference on 11 January 2013 in the Whittaker Hall at St James.
The conference will have the following speakers:
- Professor John Goldsworth, who is one of the worlds acknowledged experts on foundations and their application around the world,
- Advocate Hilary Pullum, who drafted the Guernsey legislation will speak from a Guernsey perspective about the legislation,
- Alan Bougourd, Registrar of Companies at the Guernsey Registry will speak about the registry process for Guernsey Foundations,
- Richard Walker, Director of Policy and International Affairs for the Commission will provide an overview of the specialities of AML and CFT with regard to Foundations,
- A presentation will also be made by Fiduciary Services Division regarding the proposed Code of Practice for Foundation Service Providers for which a consultation process will shortly be undertaken.
The conference is scheduled to start at 9am and will finish by 1pm with coffee provided during a mid-morning break. Further details on how to register and the charge for this event will be published shortly.